Monday, October 29, 2007

Vintage Purse Therapy

This little darlin' pocketbook was just waiting to be scooped up at one of my favorite thrift stores. Another item that can take me right back to being a little girl again...I especially recall that satisfying "click" as the ladies of the day would snap them closed. I also seem to remember the standard of the day seemed to be the more ancient the lady, the bigger and more forbidding her pocketbook was. Terrifyingly stern elderly schoolteachers seemed to have cornered the market there.

My little girl desire to be a big girl was all wound up in wanting a pocketbook of my very own, of the non-scary smaller variety of course. Naturally, by the time I was grown up enough to have one of my own the style had long passed. Until now.

Purse therapy, anyone?